Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Mr. Someday, or, My Forever Fairytale

I love you more than I love lemonade on a hot summers day. I think of you and I see visions of red front doors with pretty wreaths on them, smiling children, all dressed up for the holiday season, and everyone’s laughing, and life is the reason. I imagine old Victorian houses with huge lawns where we can have decorative ponds and our kids can play leap frog with the neighbors, who we don’t mind, because they are all just so well behaved. I see long road trips to nowhere just to say that we went somewhere and when mommy and daddy can’t take a vacation, the family goes on a weekend staycation, because that’s how much we’ll all love each other. When I look at you, I see the life my mother never got to lead, the one with the fairytale ending. But I don’t think I want the happily ever after part, because that means it’ll end, and I don’t ever want it too. I look at you, and I see the fairytale that never ends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment