Monday, February 20, 2012

Defying Gravity.

    To everyone who ever told me I wasn't going to do anything in life because of my circumstances -
You were wrong. I made it. I graduated high school and moved onto college. The college of MY choice. I've been pushed down, but as the saying goes "fall down seven times, stand up eight". And that's what I did. I stood back up. And I'm going to keep standing up, and I'm not going to let anyone or anything keep me down, because I know exactly what I want out of my life, and I'm going to get it, with or without your approval.
So many people told me over the course of my life that I could never amount to anything, that because of how I was raised most of my life that I was going to fail, because that's what my mother did, and that's all I knew how to do. But they were wrong. Your expectations of me made me try harder, because I knew that I had to prove everyone wrong. And I did. I did not fail then, and I will not fail now.
I'm on my way up, and nothing's going to stop me.
In fact, as Idina Menzel sings in the best musical ever created "tell them how I'm defying gravity, this time I'll try defying gravity, and no one in the land of Oz, no wizard that there is or was, is ever going to bring me down." No one will ever bring me down again.
I know I've messed up a couple of times, and I know I haven't gone where I've been expected to go, but my family and friends won't let me fail, and they are going to keep lifting me up, and keep telling me that I can do anything that I put my mind to. Like my grandma said, "setbacks are just bumps in the road, and you're just going to have to take a more creative route to get back to where you were." So yes, I've messed up, and yes, sometimes my life sucked. But mostly, I've done good by myself and proved everyone who ever said I couldn't wrong.
So hate on me, haters.
Imma do me.
Just wait and see.

1 comments:

tlewis said...

Never doubted you, Ax.

Post a Comment