Friday, September 14, 2012

Love.


Have you ever wondered how it feels to be completely, irrevocably in love? Like, when you look at that person the breath goes completely out of you and butterflies take its place, dancing a ballet in your lungs? 
I’ve always wondered what it would be like to look at someone and feel my heart swell with a love so big that my body couldn’t possibly contain it, as a smile crept onto my face, unstoppable, and uncontrollable. I’ve wondered what its like to feel a love that I could write volumes about, to finally feel so much for one person that I never hurt when they’re around, because the sweet melody of their voice and their melodic voice would bandage any wound I would have suffered that day. 
I want to feel like I’ve found someone in who I can never be disappointed, the person who makes love something easy, and for who I don’t fall for, but who I fit with. I’d rather be a puzzle piece than a domino, if that makes any sense. I want to find the person who is custom made to fit me, and who I’m custom made to fit. The person who can look past all my imperfections to see the person who is inside of me, the person I’ve worked all my life to be.  
I’ve got it all worked inside my head. That I’ll see them and they’ll see me and somewhere cherubs will strike up their harps. I know that sounds cheesy, but isn’t love usually cheesy? We make fun of all of those couples who have it figured out and love each other more than anything we could ever fathom and call them cheesy and cutesy and stuff, but isn’t it true that we are all looking for the same exact thing? We want someone to make us go “D’awwwweee” we want someone who makes us blush on a daily basis just by complimenting our new hairstyle or the outfit we’re wearing, someone who surprises us with flowers for no reason at all, and posts silly things on our facebook wall, and takes us for midnight walks to the park and plays on the swings with us. 
I want the cliche, stereotypical, perfect relationship. Because in my head I’ve got it all worked out in my mind that it’ll be worth waiting for. I know I haven’t found that yet, but I have faith that I’ll find it eventually, and when I do, it’ll be the love that I write lengthy blog posts hidden deep in my blog about. But not because I’m ashamed of my love, because when I’m finally in love, and by love I mean true, undeniable, inescapably perfect love, I will be screaming it from the roof tops. Possibly forever.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment